Sunday, November 28, 2004

Orientation- Course Of Interests

It's been a while since I last updated with new posts. This whole week, I did not have the opportunity to go online, since I have to attend the orientation of my new campus. The whole week of orientation was quite tiring, but it goes on quite smooth anyway. The 'seniors' (I put those quote for the word 'senior', as they are not my seniors in the sense of age as most of them either at par or younger than me. They only became 'senior' because they were here before me) were quite lenient which makes the orientation not so tensing.

Full of briefings and lecturing, mainly introducing the life style in this campus. Most of the lecturers here keep repeating, stressing and advising that students should not have any attempt to change the course they are offered even though if their interests are not in the line. I must say, that I strongly disagree with this advice. According to the lecturers, the students should be grateful they are chosen and offered, compared to those thousands more who received rejections. Although not interested in the course, they must give it a try, and put in their minds that their goal is one, and ONLY to complete their course as soon as possible.

I personally see that these kinds of advice are not leading students towards being visionary. A visionary person would not shrink their goal so small: (i.e. so long as they graduate with flying colour its enough, ignoring their actual ambition and interest, of what they really intend to do in the near future). A student should instead strive high to achieve their goal of interest. Successful people in the world, majority of them do their interests, and that generates big income to them. A successful lawyer comes from those whose interests are in that particular area, so would the accountants, doctors, artists..and the list goes on. Bill Gates for example, quit university without completing his degree, nevertheless he is now the richest man (read: Wealth v Education). Why is so? Because he has faith in his interest which is computer, and so that interest generates luck and success for him. Maybe it would not be too harsh for me to say that education would never ensure a promising future to anyone (again, read: Wealth v Education). But knowing your interest, knowing your weaknesses and strength would.

From interest comes motivation. And from motivation comes luck and success.

Enough for the interests thing. Let's have a look at the accommodation here. The hostel is not that bad. Though, my room is at the 3rd floor, which means climbing the tiring stairs would be my daily routine for the next few months until this SEM ends. Each room consists of 4 members, and luckily for me one of my room mates is also a law student. My room is equipped with a telecom phone, which operates using a card. So it is quite convenient, as I can receive incoming calls and also surf the internet (using dial up- it’s gonna be slow..sigh!) using the phone. I have yet to get myself the phone card which would cost me RM30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am extremely inspired with your writing abilities and also with the format for your weblog.
Is that this a paid subject matter or did you modify it yourself?
Anyway stay up the nice high quality writing, it's uncommon to look a great blog like this one nowadays..

my webpage: home cellulite treatment

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP